Friday, March 2, 2018

10 Tips to Being a Happy Stay at Home Mom

I love being a stay at home mom and being able to enjoy raising my children full time. But you have to admit that being a stay at home mom can be taxing on you as a person. Your life seems to revolve around your children and housework, it can feel like you're getting stuck in a rut. To avoid getting stuck in that rut here are......

10 Tips to Being a Happy Stay at Home Mom


1. Wake earlier than your children. This helps you get a start on your day and just sit and enjoy the silence for a while. Get dressed even if you have no where to go. This little bit of alone time goes a long way.

2. Have a schedule or routine for yourself. I fee that if I have a schedule than I feel more productive in mu day. Also, routines are my life saver. They maintain the chaos within my house. I love my routines and I highly recommend setting a few for yourself. 

3. Get up and out of the house. Being stuck inside is the main reason I tend to loose cool. It doesn't have to be anything extreme, just go outside. It will make you feel better. I promise.
4. Let your kids play independently. Letting your children play on their own is a bonus for both of you. It gives your child the independence they crave and it gives you the mental break that you need. 
5. Have a hobby or two. Do something that you enjoy, like knitting, drawing, or even baking. The point is just have fun and relax. Having a hobby is your outlet. 
6. Clean up on the daily. You don't have to have an immaculate house, but when you feel less cluttered you feel better. Research suggests that living in clutter can lead to depression. 

7. Stay connected with your spouse. This plays huge part in your attitude. When things are running smoothly between you and your partner, you feel good. Talk to each other throughout the day, even if it's a text here and there. Make time to spend together every day.

8. Be patient. There will always be some type of challenge in your daily life. Just know that it will pass and trust that everything will be okay.

9. Set aside one-on-one time with each child. Making an effort everyday to spend a little bit  of time with your child one-on-one is great. It's more relaxing trying to talk or play with them by yourselves than it is with everyone trying to butt in.

10. Stop comparing yourself with others. When this stops you will have more peace, Be happy with yourself and your life.

I hope this helps all of you stay at home moms out there. Please leave a comment below to let me know if these tips were helpful or if have a tip for me to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment