Wednesday, November 29, 2017

10 Ways to Fill a Notebook

Whenever I see a cute notebook, I must have it. If someone asks me for something that they could get me for my birthday or Christmas I always say "buy me a cute notebook". Right now, I have quite a few notebooks lying around just waiting to be filled up. The problem is I just don't know how to use them. That's why I thought of these 10 ways to fill a notebook.



1. List of books that you want to read. My to read list was kept on various scraps of paper. Using a notebook to write a list of books that I want to read is one way that I can use my notebooks. This way I have a list if books that I want to read and as I read the book I can cross it off my list.

2. Habit trackers. It takes, roughly, around 30 days to form a new habit. Whether your goal is to drink 8 ounces of water each day or to meditate for 10 minutes, those first few months are tough. A habit tracker can help you through. Use tally marks or even a fun design, it's entirely up to you/

3. Bucket Lists. Dedicate a hardy notebook to all the places you want to go and the things you want to experience. Then cross them off one by one. Even better – write mini reviews and paste in ticket stubbs or printed photos.

4. Handwriting practice.  Beautiful handwriting is everything – especially if you’re a planner addict or a snail mail correspondent. Buzzfeed has collected samples of penmanship. But it’s not something that comes naturally to all of us. A fountain pen can help, but regular practice is best. Choose an A4 notebook with blank pages that are tough but thin. Insert a sheet of guidelines and work on your alphabet.

5. Meal Planner. Plan out breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the week ahead. This saves time and money and means that when you g shopping, you don’t end up buying loads of random things just because they are cheaper and on sale.

6. Goals.  With so much going on day-to-day its easy to forget your focus. Keep your goals noted down and carry them with you. I have a dedicated notebook for this. This helps in reaching my goals and I can reflect on them at the end of the month.

7. Moody tracker. One of the best pieces of advice I’ve ever been given is not to analyse your life when you’re having a bad day. But if you’re down in the dumps it can feel as though everyday is a bad day. A mood diary can help. Use smiley faces or assign colors to common feelings and color in a square or shape for each day. Do this for a while and soon you’ll be able to see what triggers your highs and lows.

8. Sketches.  I love some of the artworks that Moleskine and Leuchtturm fans share on social. Follow both brands on Insta for some truly beautiful drawings and paintings. And then grab your own A5 hardcover, pencils, ink or paint and seek out a beautiful scene to commit to paper.

9. Favorite recipes.  It’s the tweaks you make to recipes that really lift them. Or better yet, those family ones that only your nana seems to know. Keep a record in a notebook with a plastic cover so you can wipe off any spills when you’re in the kitchen.

10. Bullet journal. The bullet journal is described by its founder Ryder Carroll as ‘an analogue system for a digital age.’ It’s a simple method of journalling aimed at productivity. Numerous posts have been written on how to bullet journal and the best monthly spreads and weekly layouts. My personal favorite is Boho Berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment